The Google Voice app for Mac rocks.This app is very helpful. It gives you a phone number that will forward all your calls to your mobile or landline number. The question is, did you know there was such an app?
You have a lot of options for the Google Voice app for Mac. Some are paid options, while some aren’t. The good thing is that the free options are as good as the paid options.
The Google Voice app for Macis something that you have to install yourself. If you go into the chat area of your Gmail, you’ll see a tiny circle. Sometimes, this circle is colored green, yellow, or red. That circle means that you do not have the Google Voice app for Mac installed.
So, maybe it’s time to install it. Now, don’t worry. The Google Voice app for Mac is very easy to install.
Article GuidePart 1: The Advantages Of Having The Google Voice App For Mac Part 2: 2 Ways To Install The Google Voice App For Mac Part 3: How To Get A Google Voice Number Part 4: How To Uninstall The Google Voice App Part 5: Conclusion
You might think that there’s no need for you to have the Google Voice app for Mac. Well, if you don’t have it, you won’t know, right?
Truth be told, this is one app that’s highly recommended. You see, the Google Voice app gives you a free phone number that you can use from any device that’s connected to the internet.
You don’t need to have a mobile plan with the Google Voice app for Mac. As a matter of fact, all you need is Wi-Fi to use Google Voice.
Another good thing about the Google Voice app for Mac is that it allows you to stay more organized. It can also forward calls to your Google Voice number to any phone that you’d like.
The Google Voice app for Mac also provides you transcripts of your voicemail messages. That way, you can read your messages instead of listening to them.
Probably the best thing about the Google Voice app for Mac is that you can use it to protect your personal information such as your mobile or landline number. You get some privacy with the Google Voice app for Mac since it masks your mobile or landline number.
Now that you know the advantages of having the Google Voice app for Mac, it’s time you know how to install it. There are two ways you can do it.
Your first option is to install the Google Voice app for Mac is to do it manually. The good thing about installing it manually is that you can verify it.
Just follow the steps below to install the Google Voice app for Mac manually.
1. Launch your Gmail.
2. Select Settings on the top right-hand side of the screen.
3. Go to the Chat tab.
4. Take your cursor to the Voice and video chat and click on the link Learn more. That will open up a new tab where you can install the Google voice app for Mac.
5. Click on the box that says Install voice and video chat.
6. Click on Save on the pop-up screen.Wait for the Google voice app for Mac to download
7. Open up the app.
8. Click on the package to start the set up. Click Continue.
9. Click Continue to Select the volume where you want to install the Google Voice and Video software.
10. Click on the Install button on the bottom part of the screen.
11. Type in your Mac password on the pop-screen. The installation will start.
12. Click on the Continue button.When you see the message Install Succeeded, you can click on Close.
13. Restart your browser.
14. Log in back to your Gmail account.
15. Take your cursor to the chat area of your Gmail and look for the camera icon. Once you see it, it means that you have the Google voice app for Mac installed.
16. Verify your settings to make sure your webcam and microphone are both working.
17. Select Settings.
18. Click on the Chat tab.
19. Take your cursor to the Voice and video chat area and take a look at the three drop-down menus. You will see Camera, Microphone, and Speakers. On your Mac, you can use the Built0in iSight as camera. Select which microphone and speakers you want to use form their respective drop-down menu.
20. Click on the link that says Verify your settings to test if the Camera, Microphone, and Speakers are working. It the settings are working; you should be able to see a video of yourself on the right part of the screen. You will also notice that the microphone meter is moving.
21. Click on the link that says play the test sound to make sure you can hear everything from your speaker.
22. Make sure to check Enable echo cancellation.This is recommended.
This next option is very short as compared to the first one. It’s a very simple process. All you need to do is to install the Google voice app for Mac inside your Chrome browser. The only caveat is that you would always need to have Chrome open each time you send a text message.
Nonetheless, it works just as well. Take a good look at the few steps below to use a Chrome extension to install the Google Voice app for Mac.
1. Click on this link to get to the Chrome web store.
2. Click on Add to Chrome button.You won’t miss this button. It’s a blue button at the right-hand side of the screen.Once you click on the button, the extension, Google Voice, will immediately be added to your browser.
That’s all for this process.
Now that you’ve installed the Google Voice app for Mac, it’s time for you to have a Google Voice number to go with it.
1. Go to https://voice.google.com.
2. Log into your account.
3. Agree to the Terms.
4. Select on I want a new number on the pop-up window.
5. Type in the number where you want to forward your calls to. That would be your mobile or landline number. It’s your choice.
6. Click Continue.
7. Click on Call me now.
8. Wait for Google to call you. They will send you a code for you to verify your account.
9. Enter the code from Google to your smartphone.
10. Choose whether you’re going to enter Area zip code or city or Word phrase number on the Choose your number pop-up window.
11. Click on Search numbers.
12. Choose which number you like from the list on the next pop-up window.
13. Click on Next if you want to see more options for numbers.
14. Click Continue.
15. Click Finish on the next pop-up window. On that same window, you will see your Google Voice number.
16. Click on Settings inside your Gmail account.
17. Select Voicemail & Text on the menu bar.
18. Click on Record New Greeting to replace the standard Google greeting. You can use your own voice to record a more personalized greeting.
Now that you have a Google Voice number, you can use it to mask your personal phone numbers.Each time someone calls your Google Voice number, the call is forwarded to your personal number. The best thing about it is that it’s never going to show your personal number.
If you answer a call from your Google Voice number, it will ask you first if you want to take the call. If you decide to take the call, that’s the only time the call will be forwarded to your personal number.
If you don’t answer the call, the call will automatically go to your voicemail. If you’re on your Mac, you will see the call transcript in your inbox. Once it’s in your inbox, you will also have the option to playback the call. Yes, you can do that in your Mac!
The Google Voice app for Mac is wonderful to have. It’s one helpful app to have.
Go right ahead and give the Google Voice app a try. It won’t hurt to see how it works. In case, you realize that you don’t really need the services of the Google Voice app for Mac, it can always be uninstalled with the use of the iMyMac PowerMyMac tool.
The PowerMyMac is a great tool to have since it helps you uninstall apps that you don’t need anymore. The awesome thing about it is that you don’t have to do anything.
If there’s an app that you don’t use anymore, the PowerMyMac searches and finds it to uninstall it for you. It’s a time-saver tool. Best of all, it helps your Mac conserve precious storage space.
The Google Voice app for Mac is very useful. It protects your privacy. You can install it anytime to experience the advantages of it.
If you feel that you don’t need it anymore, you can always use the PowerMyMac to uninstall it.
Do you think it’s worth trying out the Google Voice app for Mac? Feel free to share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Excellent Thanks for your rating.
Rating: 4.6 / 5 (based on 87 ratings)
People Also Read:
A powerful all-in-one App for MacFree Download
Leave a Comment