Nowadays, there are hundreds of people who start working from home because of the situation we are having right now. People are staying at home more often to keep their self-safe from the virus spreading all over the world. And with that, one of the most commonly used applications now for professionals is the Zoom application. It is used to attend to their meeting with their bosses, or with their colleagues from your work to discuss important matters easily. But do you know how to do Zoom screen sharing?
You can have the Zoom app on either your laptop, desktop, or even on your mobile devices. Plus, it is an application that is very easy to use. However, there are still a lot of people who do not know how to utilize the application since this has just been used lately. And one of the most common questions that new users have when they use Zoom is on how to share screen on the application. That is why we are going to show you in this post a quick and complete guide on how you can do a Zoom screen sharing on your device.
Article GuidePart 1. How Do I Share My Screen on Zoom?Part 2. What Are Zoom Screen Sharing Menus That Can be Optimized?Part 3. How to Fix Issues When You Are Doing A Zoon Screen SharingPart 4. Conclusion
Part 1. How Do I Share My Screen on Zoom?
As we have said, Zoom application is now an in-demand application to use when it comes to meetings and is commonly used by professional people. Through this app, they will still be able to talk to many people in just one call. And screen sharing on Zoom is most of the time required especially if you are doing a report using your desktop.
And with that, we are going to show you a way on how to do a Zoom screen sharing and the features that come with the shared screen that you can utilize during your meeting or during the whole conversation. But before that, here are some things that you need to know first about the Zoom sharing screen.
When you are in a meeting using Zoom, you have the option to share these following option:
- Your whole desktop or your phone screen.
- An application of your choice.
- Some parts of your screen.
- Your audio
- Videos from your secondary camera.
- Screen from your iPad or iPhone
If you are actually the host of the Zoom meeting, then you also have the right to restrict your participants on accessing your Zoom screen sharing. And if you are using the basic or the free account on Zoom, then sharing screen on Zoom will only be applicable to the host of the meeting.
And now, to show you how you can do a Zoom screen sharing, here are the steps that you will be needing to follow.
- Go ahead and click on the Share Screen icon from your meeting control.
- And after that, choose from the sharing options on your screen. There are actually several screening options that you can choose from and where are they.
Basic: This is the option wherein you can share your entire desktop, an application of your choice, whiteboard, and your iPhone or iPad screen.
Advanced: Here, there are sub-categories that you can choose from:
- Music or Computer Sounds only – wherein you can share the audio from your computer.
- The portion of Screen – wherein you can choose to share just a little of your screen using the green border.
- Content from your second camera – wherein you are allowed to share your secondary camera that is connected to your computer.
- And after choosing the options on how you want to do the Zoom screen sharing, go ahead and turn on any of these features. These are all optional so you can use them if you want to or not. You can choose either to share your computer sounds, or you can choose the option to optimize your full-screen video clip if you want to share your video clip in full-screen access.
- After that, go ahead and click on the Share button on your screen. And then Zoom will automatically turn it into the full screen for you to be able to optimize your screen view.
Tip: Support video for how to do Zoom screen sharing.
Part 2. What Are Zoom Screen Sharing Menus That Can be Optimized?
Once that you are able to do a Zoom screen sharing, the good about this is that it comes with several features that you can choose to optimize. And with that, here are some of the functionalities that you can choose from.
- Mute and Unmute – This is where you can turn off your microphone.
- Start and Stop Video – You can click on this for you to start your meeting and stop it once you are done.
- Participants or Manage Participants – This is where you can view your participants.
- New Share – This is the option if you want to share your screen and you can choose what screen you would like to share with.
- Pause Share – You can temporarily stop sharing your screen with your participants temporarily.
- Annotate or Whiteboard – This is where you can draw or add text during your meeting.
- More – This is where you can find more options that you can utilize during the meeting such as the following:
- Chat – to launch the chat window.
- Invite – if you want to add more participants to your video.
- Record – if you want to record your Zoom meeting.
- Allow and Disable Participants Annotation – this is where you can choose to allow or stop the participants from annotating your screen.
- Show or Hide Names of Annotators – Here you can either show or even hide the names of your participants.
- Live on Work Place by Facebook – you can share your meeting with Facebook.
- Optimize Share for Full Screen – here you can optimize your videos in full screen.
- End Meeting – this is what you click when you want to end your meeting.
Part 3. How to Fix Issues When You Are Doing A Zoon Screen Sharing
Now, there are also instances when you might experience some issues when you are doing a Zoom screen sharing. And as a new user, you might panic when this happens. That is why it is a must that we also inform you on how you can fix these kinds of issues. And with that, we are going to show you how you can fix two of the most common issues that you might experience when using zoom.
How to Fix When Zoom Screen Sharing is Not Working
When you are going to share screen on Zoom on your screen, there are some settings that you need to check out first. This way, you can prevent having some issues with our connection and other things that you might experience on having when you are in a call. And one of the common issues that you might want to prevent is when Zoom screen sharing is not working. But once that you experience this problem, here are some quick fixes that you can apply.
- Go ahead and start the meeting without having any videos. You can do this by clicking on the Start with no video option on your screen to do an audio conference call instead. And after a few minutes, your video will turn on automatically to your participants.
- Another way on how you can fix this is by turning off your video. All you need to do is to click on the Stop Video option when you are in a conference call and then select on the option Share Screen button.
- But if your Zoom screen sharing is still not working, you can try to uninstall and reinstall it on your computer or on your mobile device.
How to Fix Black Screen on Zoom Screen Sharing
Now, in case you experience having a black screen while you are on a screen sharing, here are the fixes that you can try to do.
- Go ahead and navigate to your Windows Control Panel and then launch Nvidia Control Panel.
- After that, go ahead and click on Manage 3D Settings.
- Then choose Program Settings. And from there, go ahead and choose the option “I would like to use the following 3D settings.
- And after that, go ahead and choose a program for you to customize and also for you to add Cpthost.exe to your Zoom bin directory.
- After that, go ahead and search for your Zoom bin directory and then choose the Add Selected Program option.
- And from there, go ahead and select on the Integrated graphics and then hit on the Apply button.
- And lastly, go ahead and open the application for you to try them again the screen sharing feature.
Part 4. Conclusion
As you can see, there are a lot of benefits that you can get from doing a Zoom screen sharing on either your desktop or on your mobile device. And we have already shown you above on how you can do the screen sharing when you are using Zoom. You can also enjoy using some of the functions that come with it for you to utilize more on your meeting using the Zoom app.
Freely convert your video files
Free Download Video Converter
iMyMac Video Converter provides you high-speed conversion to convert videos and audios to any formats lossless. An all-in-one video converter, editor, player.