Hot ArticleHow to Uninstall Apps on Mac? How to Clear Cache on Mac? How to Remove Advanced Mac Cleaner? Best Way to Find Similar Images on Mac. Why is Safari So Slow? How to Fix Safari Slow to Load? How to Hide Files on Mac? The Best Photo Management Software on Mac in 2019 Which is The Best Mac Cleaner in 2019? How to Uninstall Dropbox from Mac? Chrome Running Slow on Mac? Here is How to Fix!
By Jordan, Last updated: March 26, 2019
Are you looking for ways on how to resize an image on Mac for editing? Check out these easy steps on how to achieve that perfect size you want!
If you are looking for free and effective ways to edit your images, why not take advantage of the default apps on Mac? You can definitely save more plus do more with these built-in tools. All you need is to get to know more about these tools and be familiar! Read this article to help you resize images on Mac.
Mac’s preview app provides basic editing tools including resizing, cropping, rotating, and more. Follow these steps on how to resize an image on Mac using preview.
1. Open the image you want to resize. You can also search for the image on Finder.
2. Drag the image towards the dock and into the Preview icon. You can also right click on the image and go to Open with and click Preview
3. Once you are in Preview mode, click the edit button or the pencil icon to launch toolbar
4. Find Tools and scroll down. Click Adjust size
5. Scale and adjust the resolution. By default, a 72dpi resolution is fine if you want to use it for web or for Facebook and other social media apps. If you plan to print the image, you can use 600 for flyers, banners etc… However, if you want to have it glossy, use 300 for a better quality
6. You can also check the “scale proportionally” to avoid distorting the image. Click OK when done adjusting size and resolution
7. Save the image file. You can also use Command + S to save the image. If you want to save it as a new file, choose Save as and set a new file name.
The process is almost similar for all other tools you can find inside the Preview app.
If you got lots of photos to resize, you might end up editing and resizing each of the photos. However, you can definitely use the Preview app to make the process way easier. This app allows batch resizing and editing on your Mac wherein you can set the same size and scale them all at the same time.
You don’t have to spend much time editing those photos. Here’s how to batch resize them:
If you are resizing images on a daily basis or a part of your workflow, you can use Automator for this kind of repetitive work. Automator is actually included in Mac OS X and lets you series of workflows without the programming skills required.
Automator can also resize an image or a batch of images on Mac. Follow these:
1. Go to System Preferences
2. Choose Keyboard
3. Click Shortcuts
4. Select Services from the left sidebar
5. Find and select Resize Image
6. Click on Add Shortcut
7. Enter your desired keyboard shortcut key
That’s it! You can simply enter the keyboard shortcut the next time you are working with resizing images on your Mac.
As you work on resizing lots of images on your Mac, you can help but save a lot of files with the same images but of varying sizes. We all know that images are one of the space eaters because they tend to have larger file sizes than documents. To avoid clogging up your system with double images, you can clean it up using a Mac Cleaner.
How iMyMac- Similar Image Finder works:
Download iMyMac-Cleaner and launch it. Check the system status and choose the module "Similar Image Finder" from the left side.
You can find the "Scan" button on the main screen. Then click on it. The program will scan your similar images on your Mac immediately.
The software will show you the process. It just needs several minutes.
After the scanning is finished, you can see the scan results on the main screen. The software will show you the size of the image and how many similar images with this photo.
You can preview them and then select the pictures that you want to clean. Click on the "Clean" button and confirm the operation.
You don’t have to spend much time and effort in searching for the same images. It might take a whole day the most if you will do it manually. However, with the help of iMyMac-Similar Image Finder, you can complete the process in just a few minutes.
So there you have it, we have just guided you through on how to resize an image on Mac using two effective methods. Preview and Automator apps are built in applications on Mac which you can definitely use at any time.
I hope this guide has helped you achieve the best image fit you were looking for. In case you get caught with tons of similar images clogging up your Mac, you can always rely on iMyMac Cleaner- Similar Image Finder to get rid of these duplicates and free more space on your system.
Excellent Thanks for your rating.
Rating: 4.7 / 5 (based on 97 ratings)
Last updated: March 26, 2019
Leave a Comment